When you’re hungry, it can seem like the world is conspiring against you. While you’re trying your best to stick to a healthy eating plan, everyone else always seems to be devouring something delicious. And it’s even worse when you’re bored. It’s worth remembering that studies have shown hunger doesn’t actually get worse over time. It does hit a peak, but then it starts to subside again. In the meantime, here’s a list of distracting and worthwhile things to keep you occupied while you’re hungry and bored (none of which involve eating!)
If all else fails, try this:
- Eat filling high fibre foods (nuts, beans, fruits and vegetables)
- Eat filling high protein foods (meat, fish, tofu, or nuts)
- Drinks lots of water. You might feel hungry, but you might really be thirsty.
- Drink black coffee/tea, or cinnamon/liquorice herbal teas. All of these beverages have appetite-suppressing effects.
- Watch less TV. This might sound strange, but while you’re watching TV, you are bombarded with ads for food. This can make you feel hungry, when in reality, you’re not! Choose a movie or a funny and uplifting show on a streaming service instead.
If you’ve got any other tips for how to deal with boredom and hunger, things to make you feel super-sparkly, or ideas for worthwhile things you love to do, please add them in the comments, and you’ll be inspiring even more people!
Such a wonderful idea!