Low Calorie Desserts? Really?
Is your sweet tooth making a mockery of your diet progress? Sometimes you just need to indulge! These low calorie desserts are exactly what you need.
Low calorie desserts #1
Peanut Butter & Chocolate Spoons
- 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 4 squares dark chocolate
1. Spoon the peanut butter into a small ramekin or bowl.
2. Break up the dark chocolate into individual squares and place in the same bowl as the peanut butter.
3. Place the ramekin into the microwave on medium-high (60%) for 1 minute and 30 seconds.
4. Keep an eye on the microwave as chocolate may melt faster depending on your microwave power.
5. Once the chocolate is almost melted, remove from the microwave.
6. Stir well until the peanut butter and chocolate are completely combined.
7. Portion out teaspoon sized servings onto greaseproof kitchen paper and place into a Tupperware container.
8. Freeze these portions overnight or for 2 hours minimum.
Calories per serve: 73
Makes: 6 serves
Low calorie desserts #2
Banana Bliss Ice Cream
- 1 ripe banana (the riper the better!)
- 1/3 cup soy or almond milk
- 1 tablespoon desiccated coconut
1. Peel the banana and chop it into slices.
2. Place the chopped banana into a Tupperware container and freeze overnight.
3. Remove the frozen banana from the freezer and place into a blender or Nutribullet.
4. Add your chosen milk and blend well.
5. After blending, mix the dessicated coconut through with a spoon.
6. Spoon into a tupperware container or, if available, ice cream or popsicle molds and place in the freezer for an hour before enjoying.
Calories per serve: 85 calories
Makes: 2 serves
Low calorie desserts #3
Frozen Yoghurt Drops
- 1 cup plain low fat Greek yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 cup unsweetened dried cranberries coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup shelled and roasted pistachios coarsely chopped
1. Line two trays with baking paper. Make sure that the trays are small enough to easily slide into the freezer.
2. Stir honey through yoghurt. Transfer mixture to a piping bag.
3. Pipe eight round discs onto each paper lined tray. Alternatively, dollop tablespoons of the mixture onto the tray, smoothing each with a palette knife.
4. Scatter cranberries and pistachios evenly over the yoghurt discs.
5. Place trays in the freezer for at least an hour. When yoghurt discs are completely frozen peel from the baking paper and store in an airtight container in the freezer until ready to serve.
Calories per serve: 32 calories
Makes: 7 serves
Voila = Delish low calorie desserts
And those are just a couple of our fave easy-peasy low calorie dessert and sweet treat recipes. We hope you enjoy eating them as much as we do.
Want another low-cal recipe? We made a handy little video which shows you how to make a low-calorie lasagne. #Nom
Do you have any sneaky sweet treat recipes you’d like to share? Leave a comment and who knows, maybe we’ll be sharing your recipe next time!
Image credits: Feature image by Freepik, Peanut Butter and Chocolate Spoons Photo by Bruna Branco on Unsplash, Banana Bliss Ice Cream Photo by Alexandra Gorn on Unsplash and Frozen Yoghurt Drops recipe photography by John Paul Urizar, property of SuperFastDiet.com)