It is not unusual to feel a little overwhelmed or confused with the world right now. It may feel like there is nothing else to talk about & that being at home there is just not much to do to pass the time and keep your sanity, right?
Wrong! There is plenty to do! Here are 12 awesome ways to pass the time to take a little more control and calmness back in your lives from the comfort of our own home. They are fun, easy and great activities for you in so many ways, and many can be done with the whole family! Take a look.
- First and foremost we encourage you to zone out from social media or the news when you feel it is a bit much. Of course, it is great to be informed but it is also ok to leave it behind sometimes to not cause too much worry.
- Do some baking. How about some bliss balls? Or low-cal brownies?
- FaceTime a loved one. Distance yourself physically, not socially! Zoom & House Party are really popular for doing so with lots of people. Give them a try!
- Listen to nostalgic, fun music & uplifting podcasts! Make a feel-good playlist on Spotify or get your favourite album and blast it. You won’t be able to help it but bop along.
- Declutter your HOUSE! Does the pantry need a tidy? Or what about the cupboard that you dare not look at? You may have the cleanest home you’ve ever seen by the time this is over. And you will feel so refreshed!
- Pamper yourself! Have a bath, give yourself a face mask, a hair mask or just simply paint your nails your go-to colour.
- Go through old photo albums and home videos! This is always sure to bring a smile to your face. Nostalgia is the best!
- Do some online retail therapy. Helping businesses right now is so important!
- Journal what you are grateful for. Doing this allows you to feel grounded and appreciative when there is so much going on! Maybe try doing three daily whilst having your morning coffee.
- Go for a walk. This has been encouraged as one of the few things we should leave our house for. It is amazing for your mind and your body!
- Read a book! Whether it is one you know and love or one that has been on your ‘to read’ list forever, this is the time. It is always great to get to mind working and being distracted.
- Do a home workout in your lounge or your backyard! Yoga, Pilates or a HIIT circuit can be set up and easily done. Again, you can find plenty online, including in our own members’ portal. In our program, we have plenty of great exercises run by the wonderful Shannan Ponton, who you may know from the Biggest Loser, as well as some yoga which is all great to do at home.
Focus on YOU and your health! All of these are awesome ways to practice self-care for your mind and your body. Use this as a time to change your life and get your health back on track!