- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Shao Hsing wine
- 2 cm piece ginger finely grated
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 600g chicken breast skinless and boneless, thinly sliced
- 1 small brown onion finely sliced into half-moons
- 1 bunch (6 large spears) asparagus finely sliced on the diagonal
- 2 cups red capsicum julienned
- 100g snow peas topped, tailed and julienned
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil shredded
Place oyster sauce, soy sauce, shao hsing wine, ginger and garlic, in a large bowl. Mix to combine. Add chicken strips, cover with cling wrap and refrigerate for 15 minutes to marinate.
Heat wok over high flame until smoking hot. Add peanut oil and swirl to coat. Drain chicken, reserving marinade, and stir fry for 2 to 3 minutes until flesh just changes colour. Remove chicken to a plate and set aside.
Add onions to the wok and stir fry quickly for 2 minutes before adding asparagus, capsicum and snow peas. Stir fry for a further two minutes before returning chicken and the reserved marinade to the wok. Toss well to combine. Stir-fry for another minute.
Stir through shredded basil. Adjust seasoning and serve.
Calories: 259 Cal (or 1084 kJ)
Fat: 7.4 g
Saturated fat: 1.6g
Good source of protein, low in fat and saturated fat
Want access to 100’s more delicious, low-cal recipes? Grab your 14 day free trial now to access the full SuperFastDiet program, stacks of tips, tricks and recipes and sooo much more! You’ll also get access to our super-special private Facebook support group.