“Remember to be grateful”. It is a phrase that floats around a lot. And it is for a very good reason! Practicing gratitude is one of the most powerful tools you can use in times of crisis. It allows you to break down your life and what is around you and be thankful, put things in perspective and think more into the little things that you often take for granted.
Gratitude should be something we do often, but now more than ever!
When everything seems just too much or overwhelming, one of the most powerful things you can do is simply write down three things that you are grateful for that day. It can be as simple as ‘the sun came out today’ or ‘for having available clean water’. Many things you wouldn’t even think twice about, but most likely, someone else in the world probably doesn’t have the same luxury.
There have been plenty of mental health benefits linked to gratitude. Gratitude often does happen automatically when someone you love does something kind for you, or when you get to the bus just in time. But sometimes, in times such as these, where it is a little harder to see the light, actively practicing gratitude is important and can provide positive relief.
- It provides instant happiness & makes you feel good
- You’re likely to look more to the positives
- It encourages humility and satisfaction
- It makes dealing with tough times a little easier
- Often good things are harder to remember than bad
Of course, we are not saying to completely forget the negatives, that is impossible! But gratitude might make it that little bit easier. You don’t necessarily have to share your gratitudes if you want to keep them to yourself.
A couple of the best ways to keep track of your gratitudes and positives in your day to day life is by:
- Taking photos
- Keeping a gratitude journal, whether that be in the notes in your phone or a diary
- Tell someone you are grateful for them!
So why not give it a try today? We asked our staff to tell us 3 things they are grateful for right now to give you some guidance!
Gen – Co-Founder
1) Our Superteam!
2) Our gorgeous members
3) Our supportive network
1) My hubby
2) My daughter
3) My family and friends
Victoria – Co-Founder
1) Spending quality time with family and letting them know how much we truly love them
2) Opportunities to reflect on what’s really important in life
3) Our wonderful country – Australia – we are so blessed in countless ways to live here
Jen – Graphic Designer
1) I am grateful for my Nespresso Delivery
2) I am grateful my family are healthy
3) I am grateful I have a roof over my head
Tara – Digital Media Coordinator
1) Have my family in isolation with me, and that we are all healthy right now
2) Having the internet and technology to be able to connect with my best friends and allow me to still work every day
3) Being able to walk outside and exercise
Vanessa – Customer Service Team
1) Uplifting music and playlists to snap me back into a happy mood
2) Hilarious memes that are out there at the moment to guarantee a dose of daily laughter
3) Happy and healthy kiddies that pull me back into the moment and appreciate the now, as it goes so fast!
Nicola – Head of Production
1) My healthy family
2) Having a roof over my head
3) Having a job
Kirsten – Customer Service Team
1) My health. Not just my physical health but my mental health too, and of course my families health
2) The fact that I have access to high-quality fresh food to feed myself and my family the nutritious food that our bodies ABSOLUTELY need right now
3) Technology, so that I can remain connected with my precious parents, family and friends during these times of isolation
Maryanne – Chief Writer + Marketing Manager
1) I am grateful to be safe at home with my family and spending time with the people I love most in the world.
2) I am grateful for my good health, more than ever before in my life.
3) And I am grateful for my home and the nature outside my window, the sunsets and the flocks of birds, the tall gums and curling clouds in the valley folds. What an extraordinarily beautiful place to hibernate in.
Angie – Head SuperCoach
1) My internet & my mobile phone so I can still connect to the world, my family, friends and colleagues, and I can work
2) My health
3) I still have a job
We know we are all grateful for one another and for our incredible community we have here at SuperFastDiet. Our private Facebook members group is such a positive and supportive place. Why not become a part of it today? Join us! Learn more by clicking here.