Need some activities that are sure to keep the kids from saying every hour, “I’m bored”?
With a long weekend of Easter fun followed by school holidays, we are sure there are plenty of parents out there thinking… “how on earth am I meant to entertain these rugrats for that long!?” As tempting as it is to chuck them in front of an iPad or the TV, that just isn’t the right thing to do all day… right? No… I mean? No.
Of course, movies & TV are great for some of the time when everyone needs a rest but, really there are SO many awesome things you can do that are a bit different from the norm. Check out this awesome list of things to do that are productive, creative, educational and of course FUN for the whole family.
- Camp on the Grass. Play games out there during the day or stay overnight!
- Play Outdoor Games – games like Finska are great no matter the age!
- Do a Scavenger Hunt. It could be for things you find in the garden, or you could hide toys or choc! The Easter Bunny has been deemed ‘essential’ which is great news for everyone!
- Enjoy a Picnic Lunch Outside
- Wash the Car or Bikes
- Do Some Garden Maintenance – water the pants & pull out weeds
- Plant Some Trees or Flowers
- Start a Veggie or Herb Garden
- Old School Olympics – Egg & Spoon Race, Three Legged Race, Tug of War
- Create a Bird Feeder
- Do Some Painting… we assume you would want this to be an outdoor activity. But of course, it can also be done inside!
- Go for a Walk Around Your Neighbourhood
- Make Fun Shapes out of PlayDoh. You can find tonnes of recipes online! So simple & fun.
- Have a Treasure Hunt
- Have the Kids Make Up Dances or Plays and Perform Them
- Disco time!!! Think Musical Chairs, Freeze & Have a Dance Off!
- Reading. Make it fun by asking for a recount or ask the kids to act it out!
- Print off Photos and do some Scrapbooking with Old Magazines or Newspapers
- Colouring In. Make it a competition!
- Paper Mache over Balloons
- Build A Tee-Pee with Sheets and Chairs
- Bake Up a Storm
- Make Up a Fun Workout to Do Together
- See Who Can Finish a Puzzle the Quickest
- Build a Huge Lego Tower
- Teach the Kids About There Heritage
- Go through Pictures & Home Videos. Take a trip down memory lane!
- Clean Out Cupboards & Wardrobes – a fashion show can be included!
- Bake a cake – Use Measurements and Cutting of the Cake To Do Some Math
- Learn How to Braid Hair
- Organise Book Shelves into the Rainbow
- Get the Kids to “Interview” You with There Own Questions
- Write a Letter to a Loved One
- Play Some Online Educational Games
- Write a Short Story
- Teach the Kids Some Fun Card Games
We hope you take the opportunity to spend more time together, even if sometimes you might feel like your head is going to explode!
Join us today for hundreds of recipes, plenty of content and an incredibly supportive community.