Easy Mother’s Day Recipes She’ll Love
Mum’s Easy Luxe Baked Eggs
These baked eggs look uber-luxe, but they’re actually really simple. The eggs come out perfectly soft-boiled and delish, and the smoked salmon adds a tasty crunch. Perfect for Mother’s Day brekkie or brunch!
100g smoked salmon
cooking oil spray
1. Pre-heat oven to 180C/160C fan forced.
2. Spray a 6-cup muffin pan lightly with cooking oil spray
3. Line each cup with smoked salmon
4. Carefully crack one egg into each cup
5. Bake the whole tin on high for approximately 15-20 minutes or until the centres have set. You can adjust the cooking time depending on how mum likes the consistency of her egg yolks.
6. Carefully remove the eggs onto a plate and serve.
Easy Smashed Avo on Toast for Mother’s Day
Forget $15 smashed avocado at a cafe – make it yourself and get all the credit! Avocados are full of healthy monounsaturated fats, they’re creamy, filling and delicious. And when you make them with our recipe? They’re fully #winning.
teaspoon of lemon juice
2 pieces of sourdough toast
1. Carefully half an avocado and remove the pit
2. Scoop out the avocado and place it into a bowl, then smash it with a fork until it’s creamy.
3. Sprinkle the avocado mixture with lemon juice, cracked pepper and a pinch of salt then mix again.
4. Place 2 pieces of sourdough toast in the toaster and watch them carefully, remove them when they’re golden brown.
5. Spread the pieces of toast with the avocado mixture, top with a little more cracked pepper and salt and serve hot.
‘I Heart You’ Jam Toast
Show mum you heart her big time this Mother’s Day with a recipe that’ll give her all of the feels. These super-cute jam toasties are as easy as pie (actually, they’re even simpler) to make, they literally put your love on a plate and they’re sure to be devoured in a heartbeat. Awwww.
2 slices sourdough toast
2 teaspoons Raspberry jam
1 teaspoon butter
heart-shaped cookie cutter (large)
1. Using the heart-shaped cookie cutter, press into the bread to remove the crusts and create heart-shapes.
2. Toast the heart-shaped bread until golden brown
3. Spread with butter and raspberry jam.
4. Serve piping hot with a handwritten “I Love You” note.
Boiled Eggs with Vegemite Soldiers
This easy mother’s day recipe is one of the classics, especially if you’re Australian. If you’re not a fan of good ol’ vegemite (or you can’t get it where you are) then simply substitute another savoury spread like Marmite, avocado, l0w-fat cream cheese or spreadable feta. Yum! Your mum will love dipping her soldiers into the gooey egg yolks while you give her your carefully selected prezzies.
2 slices of whole weat bread
1 teaspoon butter
1 teaspoon vegemite
1. Place 2 eggs in a saucepan and cover them with water
2. Cover the saucepan with a lid and bring the water to a boil.
3. Let the water boil for one minute, then turn the stove off.
4. Let the eggs sit in the water for one more minute, then carefully remove them with a spoon.
5. Put two pieces of toast in the toaster and cook until golden brown
6. Spread the toast with butter and vegemite and cut into thirds
7. Place the eggs into egg cups and carefully slice the tops off. Serve on a plate with the vegemite soldiers.
Let us know how your cooking capers go by hopping on over to our Facebook community!
Pssst… wanna give mum something she really wants this mother’s day? Why not get her a subscription to SuperFastDiet, so she’ll get loads more delicious, simple, and healthy recipes like these!