‘Tis the season for rum balls! Enjoy a decadent dessert that is low in calories this Christmas.
Our tried and tested low-calorie rum balls recipe was handed down to Super Staffer Rosie from her grandmother. The simple recipe is full of easy-to-find ingredients and they taste ah-mazing! These rum balls are chocolatey and boozy: exactly what you would hope to find on the Christmas table. Although rich in flavour, these rum balls are super low in calories: only 73 calories per serve. You can switch out the rum for brandy if you so desire.
It’s time to get your dessert game on! Find the SuperFastDiet low-calorie rum balls recipe below.
SuperFastDiet low-calorie rum balls
1 packet Arnott’s Nice biscuits
2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
1/2 cup powdered milk
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
1/2 cup sultanas
400g can skim sweetened condensed milk
3 tbsp rum (or brandy if you prefer)
1 tsp vanilla essence
1. Chop Nice biscuits in a food processor or blender until fine.
2. Transfer mixture to a bowl.
3. Add powdered milk, cocoa, and 1/4 of the desiccated coconut, plus sultanas
4. Make a well in the centre of dry ingredients and add condensed milk, rum and vanilla essence. Mix with a wooden spoon until evenly moist.
5. Refrigerate mixture until firm. Spread remaining coconut on a plate.
6. Shape mixture into balls and roll in coconut, refrigerate until ready to serve.