There are plenty of granola brands that you can find packaged up at the supermarket. Instead, why not control exactly what goes in it (and save yourself some moola in the process), by making your own granola at home. This delicious fruit-free granola recipe from our Marketing Manager, Tara is super quick to whip up, so delicious and full of goodness!
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 20g flaked almonds
- 25g walnuts, chopped
- 15g chia seeds
- 20g pumpkin seeds
- 15g desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pre-heat your oven to 180’C.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, and stir until the mix is well combined.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper, and pour the granola mix into the tray.
- Bake the granola for 20 to 25 minutes, stirring the granola halfway to ensure the mix gets cooked evenly.
- Let the granola sit for 20 minutes or until cool, and transfer to a container.
Note: the nuts and seeds can be swapped out depending upon your favourite ingredients. If adding dried fruit, do so at the halfway mark of baking when mixing the granola around (and make sure to adjust the calorie count too).
(PER 30g SERVE – RECIPE SERVES 16)
Calories: 123cal Fat: 8g Protein: 2.4g Carbohydrate: 9.7g
Our biggest goal here at SuperFastDiet is to spread the word on how to best find both physical and mental health and wellbeing in a simple and effective way through our three pillars, SuperFood, SuperFast and SuperLife. Could you do us a huge favour and share the blog above with 3 people you think might benefit! It really would mean so much. Thank you!