Vegetable frittata recipe
There’s nothing like making a gorgeous fresh recipe from fresh, seasonal vegetables, is there? This gorgeous vegetable frittata recipe is full of beautiful colourful veg, including juicy red capsicum, sweet broccolini, and fresh asparagus spears, all beautifully seasoned with tasty garlic and brown onion. Even better, it’s high in protein, plenty of vitamins and minerals and healthy fats, and low in calories, which makes it just perfect for ketogenic and intermittent fasting style regimens like 5:2, 4:3 (also known as ADF) and 16:8, aka time restricted feeding.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small brown onion finely diced
- 1/2 garlic clove finely sliced
- 1/2 red capsicum deseeded and diced
- 1 1/2 cups broccolini stems and florets, sliced into bite sized pieces on the diagonal
- 4 asparagus spears, sliced into bite sized pieces on the diagonal
- 4 eggs regular sized
- pinch of sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated cheddar cheese 20g full fat
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- 1/2 lemon zest (finely grated)
- 1/2 small freshly squeezed lemon juice
Preheat oven grill to high.
To begin with, heat the oil in a heavy based 18 cm non-stick oven-proof fry pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté until the onion has softened but not browned. Then add capsicum, broccolini and asparagus. Cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender.
Meanwhile, whisk eggs until combined. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, then stir in grated cheese and parsley. Add egg mixture to the pan, tilting the pan as you pour to ensure the egg mixture spreads evenly over all the vegetables.
Next, reduce the heat to low and continue to cook the frittata on the stove top for 10-15 minutes until almost firm. Remove from heat and place pan into the oven under a hot grill for a further 5 minutes, until the frittata is golden and puffed.
Finally, scatter over finely grated zest and finish with a good squeeze of lemon.
Vegetable Frittata: Nutritional Information Per Serve
Calories: 303 Cal (or 1268 kJ) – Recipe makes 2 serves
Fat: 20.5 g
Saturated fat: 5.6g
NB: Recipe amounts doubled for photo & larger pan used.
Want access to 100’s more delicious, low-cal recipes? Join us today to get full access plus SO MUCH MORE awesome content! You’ll also get access to our super-special private Facebook support group.