The first week in September has been dedicated to women. The aim of Women’s Health Week is to remind women to learn more about their health.
Here at Super Fast Diet, we are covering the ins and outs of women’s health and wellness, which is why we’ve created essential tips that will help you jump on the bandwagon and live a healthy life!
We know that women are living even busier lives. Women’s Health Week signifies the importance of prioritising your health. It’s time to put your health first. If you want to gain a tremendous amount of energy and focus, and learn something new in the process, keep reading to find out!
Here are out top 5 Women’s Health Week approved tricks and tips #NWHW:
- Set a bedtime and stick to it. Studies show that getting a good night’s sleep controls your appetite and helps curb unnecessary cravings. Aim for 7-8 hours each night, sleep deprivation is a no no!
- Taste the colours of the rainbow – it’s a surefire way to ensure you are fuelling your body with an array of nutrients. Foods with bright, rich colours are packed full of flavonoids and carotenoids, compounds which help fight inflammation! Next time you’re feeling sluggish, why not make your next meal a colourful one (even breakfast) – aim for at least 2-3 cups of veggies a day. This could be as simple as adding a handful of spinach or kale to your breakfast smoothie, or munching on some carrot sticks whilst cooking dinner.
- Go green! Swap your morning coffee for a green tea or matcha latte – even if it is just for a few days (we know, coffee is life). Studies have shown that green tea can boost metabolism and help with fat loss due to its high antioxidant and mineral content. Wow! We know what we’ll be drinking tomorrow morning!
- Cook at home, from your kitchen! We can’t stress the importance of meal prep and portioning out your meals. Not only is eating homemade meals kinder to your wallet, but also your waistline. It means not getting caught being #hangry at the vending machine when the sugar cravings strike at 3pm. Also, meals served at restaurants or cafes tend to be loaded with unnecessary oils, sugar, and calories! Protein and fibre are your best friends if you’re looking for something to fill you up and not leave you starving an hour later!
- Get up and exercise! If you’ve ever struggled to find the motivation to smash out a high-intensity gym session, then why not start with a short, brisk walk? Just 30 minutes a day is all it takes to lower your risk of obesity, high cholesterol, and heart disease.
There we have it! Our top tips for Women’s Health Week!
Remember, just because Women’s Health Week is over, doesn’t mean you have to fall off the health and wellness bandwagon.
The key to a living a healthy life is #balance and #moderation. Remember, being “healthy” is not just about what you put in your body, or how many calories you burn each day. Don’t put your emotional well-being on the back-burner. Instead, try to live a holistic life, eat with purpose, and make nourishment your first priority.
Happy Women’s Health Week to all you beautiful women out there!